Professional counselling is a safe and confidential
- Collaboration (therapeutic relationship) between qualified counsellors and clients to promote mental health and wellbeing, enhance self-understanding, and resolve identified concerns. Clients are active participants in the counselling process at every stage.
- Confidentiality is limited when there are risks to the safety of the client or others.
- Counsellors work with children, young people, adults, couples, families and groups.
- Counselling may be short term, long term, or over a lifetime, according to clients’ needs.
- Counsellors are fully present with their clients, using empathy and deep listening to establish positive working relationships. Counselling is effective when clients feel safe, understood, respected, and accepted without judgement.
- Counselling is a profession with a strong evidence base. Counsellors use empirically supported interventions and specialised interpersonal skills to facilitate change and empower clients.
- Counsellors are trained in a range of modalities to work with clients from diverse backgrounds.
- Counselling can be broad or focused. Clients may explore: aspects of identity, spirituality, relationships with self and others, past experiences, parenting, grief and loss, trauma, domestic violence, child abuse, use of alcohol and other substances, depression, anxiety, and other stressful or unusual experiences.
- Changes facilitated by counselling include: change in perspective, new insight, new ways of thinking about situations, new awareness of feelings, enhanced capacity to tolerate and regulate feelings, new actions or behaviours, and new decisions about life.
- Professional counsellors usually have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate counselling qualification. They are expected to participate in ongoing professional development and supervision, including their own counselling, to stay current with developments in their profession and to ensure safe, ethical practice.
Disclaimer: We look forward to helping you on your wellness journey. Medical services are available to clients of Body Is Your Temple, LLC are provided by an independently owned physician practice. Please note that a number of our services and products are not evaluated and/or approved by the FDA and those services and products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
*Testimonials reflect individual experiences of real customers, are applicable solely to the individual depicted, and are not necessarily representative of all who use Body Is Your Temple, LLC products and services. Results do vary and are unique to each individual. Customers providing testimonials are gifted free services for their time. Testimonials are not intended to make claims that these products can be used to diagnose treat, cure, mitigate or prevent any disease. Medical services available to clients of Body Is Your Temple, LLC are provided by an independently owned physician practice.
This needs to be at the bottom of the Body Subpages.